By MICHAEL MIYOBA
THE Football Association of Zambia (FAZ) is confident that Zambian football will rise again after a historical failure to qualify to three consecutive Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON).
FAZ has faced some heavy criticism with some soccer fans calling on the executive committee led by Andrew Kananga to resign for the senior team’s misfortunes.
However, North Western Province FAZ committee member, Mwansa Kapyanga said the association has picked lessons from the failures which will be used to achieving greatness in future engagements.
Kapyanga said the association will continue to work hard to ensure the development of football in the country.
“Sadly we have failed to qualify to fhree consecutive Africa Cup of Nations finals but we can only improve on our previous failures. As it’s known, failure is the road to success and there are some things you can only learn in a storm,” Kapyanga said.
“We must keep pushing and giving our best as patriotic stakeholders. Quitting should never be an option as problems are guidelines and not stop signs which we shall go around or go through them. Together we shall rise again,” he added.
Kapyanga said the association is implementing a 10-year strategic plan which will ensure the rise of the Zambian game.
On Thursday, last week, Zambia’s AFCON qualifying hopes came crashing down after the Chipolopolo boys came from behind twice to secure a 3-3 draw against the Desert Foxes of Algeria.
The Chipolopolo however finished the qualifiers on a high by beating Zimbabwe 2-0 in Harare.