WOMAN DIES IN INFERNO
A 41-year-old woman of Chililabombwe has been burnt to death in her house while her three children escaped unhurt
Ruth Kanyembo, a business woman, died in an inferno as she tried to retrieve some money she had left in the house after she had safely rescued her children from the inferno.
Her children aged eight, 11 and 21 escaped the fire suspected to have been caused by a burning candle.
Copperbelt Deputy Commissioner of police, ChrispinChaambwa, confirmed the incident.
He said Ms Kanyembo died in the inferno, while her children who were identified as Mwewa Kasuba 8, Clement 11 and Isaiah escaped unhurt.
Mr Chaambwa said the incident happened on Wednesday around 01:00 hours at PP Zambia township.
Ms Kanyembo had initially escaped the fire but remembered that she had left money in the house tried to retrieve it, but ended up dying.
“Ms Kanyembo was sleeping in the house with her children Mwewa Kasuba 8,Clement 11 and Isaiah when their house catch fire and that upon noticing that,Ms Kanyembo and Isaiah woke up and rushed outside.
“She realised that her other two children remained inside and went back to rescue them.After rescuing her two other children, Ms Kanyembo realised she had some money and in an attempt to retrieve it , she died in the inferno,” Mr Chaambwa said.
Mr Chambwa said the body was in Kakoso hospital mortuary awaiting postmortem and advised the public to always put off fire from braziers or burning candles before going to sleep.
By ROGERS KALERO