By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Daily NationDaily NationDaily Nation
  • Home
  • News
    News
    Stay informed with the latest breaking news, in-depth analysis, and exclusive reports from around the world. From politics and global affairs to science, technology, and…
    Show More
    Top News
    Be cautious when reporting on children, journalists implored
    May 28, 2023
    HH FIRES DEC BOSS
    January 15, 2022
    INCLUDE US IN POLICY FORMULATION,CRY SMALL-SCALE MINERS
    August 19, 2021
    Latest News
    Civil society demands probe into Kafwaya death By
    August 22, 2026
    ICC should investigate execution of Kafwaya, says Kalaba
    August 21, 2026
    Crowning Chief Mukuni with Paramountcy can create anarchy, warns Litunga
    August 21, 2026
    Mundubile rejects poll results
    August 19, 2026
  • Business
    Business
    Your go-to source for the latest in business, finance, and the economy. Stay ahead with market trends, corporate insights, and expert analysis on entrepreneurship, investments,…
    Show More
    Top News
    China stock swoon could boost US real estate
    March 6, 2025
    Why homeowners are leaving billions on the table
    March 6, 2025
    Lock in now! Stock sell-off sinks mortgage rates
    March 6, 2025
    Latest News
    Tourism expansion can create thousands of jobs – Jito
    August 10, 2026
    From Recovery to Record Growth
    August 10, 2026
    HH directs Mopani, KCM to prioritise youth contracts
    August 5, 2026
    KCM pledges continuity in cultural preservation investment
    August 4, 2026
  • Court News
    Court NewsShow More
    Shoppers can now pay with their mobile wallet at Zambia’s largest retailer 
    August 3, 2026
    LUSAMBO LOSES BAIL BID AGAIN
    July 26, 2026
    ConCourt petitioned to clarify candidate withdrawals
    July 16, 2026
    Kabesha seeks court clarity on independent candidates
    July 2, 2026
    Court extends Mwamba’s bench warrant
    June 24, 2026
  • Sports
    SportsShow More
    Flying Fish extols FIFA World Cup final experience
    July 28, 2026
    Eam Zambia boxers advance with 3 victories in Glasgow Games
    July 28, 2026
    creation.Copper Queens wind up Algeria camp with friendly
    July 22, 2026
    Bernadette Deka Zulu lands top global position
    July 3, 2026
    Immig FC caps dream debut season with trophy presentation to immigration chief
    July 2, 2026
  • Contact
Search
NEWS
  • News
  • Local News
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Court News
  • Tie Business
  • Biz & Corporate
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
© 2026 Daily Nation Zambia. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Zingalume ritual killings back?
Share
Sign In
0

No products in the cart.

Notification
Font ResizerAa
Daily NationDaily Nation
0
Font ResizerAa
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Court News
  • Sports
  • Contact
Search
  • News
  • Local News
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Court News
  • Tie Business
  • Biz & Corporate
Sign In Sign In
Follow US
© 2026 Daily Nation Zambia. All Rights Reserved. Developed by GOPES.
📖 Read ePaper
Daily Nation > Blog > Zingalume ritual killings back?

Zingalume ritual killings back?

Daily Nation
Last updated: March 7, 2021 12:53 pm
Daily Nation
Share
3 Min Read
SHARE

Fri, 19 May 2017 10:11:27 +0000

By CHIKUMBI KATEBE

 THE BODY of a young man with a missing ear, private parts and ripped stomach has been picked up in Lusaka’s Zingalume area in bizarre circumstances similar to last year’s ritual murders.

Police spokesperson Esther Katongo said the unidentified body of the man aged between 30 and 35 years old was picked up after a follow-up on an alert by a concerned member of the public.

“This followed a report which officers on patrol in the area received from one of the newspaper distributors at about 02:30 hours that he had seen someone being dragged by some people.

“When officers followed up the report, they discovered blood on one of the roads. They followed the traces of blood and discovered the body of the young man lying in one of the yards.

“The body was found without private parts, with a ripped off stomach and one right ear was cut off,” she said.

Ms Katongo has appealed to anyone missing a relative in the Zingalume area to visit the University Teaching Hospital (UTH) mortuary where the body has been deposited awaiting postmortem.

And Matero Member of Parliament Lloyd Kaziya has assured residents that everything was being done to bring to book all the culprits involved in all criminal activities including the gruesome killings.

- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image

Mr Kaziya said efforts to engage the business community in the area have advanced to ensure operations of all  Police posts in the constituency to curb the high crime rate.

He explained that money was being raised to procure office furniture and equipment for the operation of police posts in the area.

“The people in these areas are just demonic and there is need to strengthen Christian values among the communities.

“We are making efforts to revamp the neighbourhood security watch scheme throughout Matero and surrounding areas,” he said.

He lamented the recurrence of the bizarre killings when the people had forgotten about it and had moved on, saying “we thought it was in the past now but we are being haunted by these killings again”.

Last year, police arrested suspects in the brutal killings of about seven people murdered in separate incidents and their private parts removed in suspected ritual killings.

The case was still active before the Lusaka High Court and five suspects are on trial, which matter comes up on Monday 22nd May, 2017.

You Might Also Like

Allow dialogue, Church tells politicians

Bob Sichinga asks Zaloumis to resign as ECZ boss

Sad day for Zambia

Kambwili warns ‘corrupt’ minister

Masebo Tribunal puzzle

Sign Up For Daily Newsletter

Be keep up! Get the latest breaking news delivered straight to your inbox.
By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Share This Article
Facebook Copy Link Print
Previous Article HH asks High Court to stay cases pending Chitabo recusal appeal 
Next Article …as Edward Mumbi says No Bemba can take over party
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Stay Connected

235.3kFollowersLike
69.1kFollowersFollow
56.4kFollowersFollow
4.4kFollowersFollow
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image

Latest News

Civil society demands probe into Kafwaya death By
Africa Community Crime Local News News Politics Premium
August 22, 2026
SHOVEL FOUND STUCK IN HEAD
Community Crime Local News Premium
August 22, 2026
I’M NOT ON THE RUN
Local News Politics Premium
August 22, 2026
ICC should investigate execution of Kafwaya, says Kalaba
Africa Crime Elections Local News News Premium
August 21, 2026
//

We influence over 2 million readers and are the most preferred news platform in Zambia.

Quick Links

  • Politics
  • Court News
  • Health
  • Millennium TV

Top Categories

  • News
  • Local News
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Court News
  • Tie Business
  • Biz & Corporate

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

Daily NationDaily Nation
Follow US
© 2026 Daily Nation Zambia. All Rights Reserved. Developed by GOPES.
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Join Us!
Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news, podcasts etc..
Zero spam, Unsubscribe at any time.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?