NOW that we have three modern airport facilities at Ndola, Lusaka and Livingstone, what support would the business sector need to explore the opportunities in different sectors anchored around this infrastructure?
1. Is it possible that more connecting flights could be done through Zambia?
2. Do we have beautiful hotel infrastructures near the airports to host connecting clients who wish to spend a night in Zambia?
3. Has the right shopping experience being created within the airport facilities to have some forex remain in Zambia?
4. Have we put together and marketed the right tourism packages in the three provinces where the airports are located to attract visitors?
5. Can the private sector be allowed to build different sizes of houses near the airport infrastructure? To be rented out and to be sold?
6. Can the private sector been given concessions to set up cargo storage facilities at the airports for different goods in transit?
7. Have we done any research on how other countries have utilised the aviation industry to create opportunities for other industries?