CommunityLocal News

‘Chinsali hospital fire was sabotage’

THE fire at Chinsali General Hospital store room is a suspected case of arson or sabotage, Muchinga Province Commissioner of Police Joel Njase has said.

Mr Njase said expert analysis of electrical appliances by an engineer ruled out the possibility of the fire being initiated by an electrical fault.
He said the fire could have been deliberately started by someone and exacerbated by the presence of lubricants, hand sanitisers and methylated spirit.
Mr Njase said the investigations would continue as this could have been arson or sabotage. “It has been recommended that in order to enhance security of vital installations at the facility there is need to install CCTV cameras,” Mr Njase said.
Last Sunday, fire swept through the hospital’s store room and destroyed drugs, including ARVs, and other medical supplies


Related Articles

Back to top button