- He is an accomplished professional accountant with extensive business knowledge gained across industries, ranging from local to multi-national companies.
- Mr Mvunga has vast experience in business and banking with specialties in company valuations, receiverships and liquidations, raising capital for a number of local and multi-national companies, investment advisory services and facilitating strategic planning sessions.
- He is a fellow of the Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA) and the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCAUK).
- He qualified as an Associate Member of both ZICA and ACCA in 1994 and progressed to become a Fellow in 1999.
- Mr Mvunga has also in his previous life worked for Deloitte
& Touche from 1988 to 1993 as a Senior Auditor. He then served at
DevCorp Business Consultants from 1993 to 2002, a local Zambian Consultancy firm as Director- Corporate Finance.
- He joined Standard Bank in 2002 as Regional Retail Banking Head
for Central Africa before moving to becoming Head Transaction Products in 2009.
- He left in 2011 to join Standard Chartered Bank, South Africa as Head and Director, Network Management Africa, a position he held until his nomination as Member of Parliament and appointment as Deputy Minister of Finance.
- The new Bank of Zambia Governor has undertaken extensive travel across Africa, Europe and USA resulting in exposure to international business environment and led Zambia’s deal team at the 2015 Eurobond issuance of US$1.25 billion.