HealthLocal News

Second Covid-19 death recorded as no new cases recorded

By AARON CHIYANZO
ZAMBIA has recorded a second death from Covid-19 involving a 58 year-old hypertensive man from Kafue who died in the Intensive Care Unit at the University Teaching Hospital on Thursday.
Health minister, Chitalu Chilufya said the man was brought in unconscious but he was resuscitated by health personnel and remained in ICU until his death.
Dr Chilufya said tests which were carried out following his suspicious condition showed that he had contracted Covid-19.
He however said the ICU was fumigated and contact tracing for all who might have come into contact with him was underway, with samples from some of his close associations during his last days having been collected and tested, awaiting results.
“The man was staying alone but we rounded up those who came in contact with him and tested them but contact tracing has continued,” said Dr Chilufya.
Dr Chilufya said during the Covid-19 update yesterday that the medical staff who were attending to the man were also under quarantine.
And Dr Chilufya said one more person had been discharged from isolation after testing negative of Covid-19 twice, bringing the total of those who had recovered from the virus to 25.
He said no new cases had been recorded in the last 24 hours and that 22 tests were done. This marks the seventh consecutive day with no new positive case recorded in Zambia.
Dr Chilufya emphasized on the wearing of masks in public places among others measures against Covid-19, saying that it should now be a culture.
The total number of Covid-19 cases recorded in Zambia have increased to 40 with two deaths.

Related Articles

Back to top button

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker